Basic recipe for Chocolate Truffles (30 pralines)
INGREDIENTS FOR TRUFFLES
- 300 g of high-quality dark chocolate
- 100 g of cream
- 20 g of honey
- 40 g butter (unsalted butter)
- Optional seasoning (see suggestions 1 and 2 below)
THIS IS HOW YOU SUCCEED WITH THE TRUFFLES
- Place the finely grated dark chocolate in a bowl. Please use tempered chocolate if possible.
- Heat the cream together with honey and butter in a saucepan until it reaches near boiling point.
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add seasoning of choice as directed for either Gingerbread Truffles or Peppermint Truffles.
- Allow the chocolate mixture to cool slightly before rolling it into small balls and placing them on a baking sheet.
- Let the truffles harden in the fridge and then store them in an airtight container.
These chocolate truffles are a perfect combination of creaminess and rich chocolate flavor, and the different flavorings add an extra touch of delicious spiciness or refreshing peppermint. Perfect to share with others or enjoy as a luxurious treat yourself.
FLAVOR 1: GINGERBAR TRUFFLES
- 1/2 tbsp ground cloves
- 1/3 tbsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Do this: Mix ground cloves, ginger powder and ground cinnamon into a spice mix. Add the spice mix to the chopped chocolate before pouring the hot cream mixture over it.
FLAVOR 2: MINT TRUFFLES
- Peppermint oil
- A handful of polka pigs
- Here's how: Add a few drops of peppermint oil to the chocolate mixture after the hot cream is poured over the chopped chocolate. Finely crush the polka pigs and use as a garnish if you dip the truffles in chocolate. Alternatively, roll the truffles in polka dot dust.